We welcome investors from every industry, and they can be Individual as well as Institutional Investors. We offer two types of membership
Anyone whether a sole proprietor or any other person looking for a secondary/passive income in the form of long-term investment can become an individual member of TAN. There is a one-time membership of 1, 00,000/- INR that has to be paid by the investor in his name, and an annual fee of 25000/- plus taxes will be applicable on an annual basis. The accounting year will be from January to December, but in case a member joins mid-term, then his membership will be renewed in April every year. Every member of the network has to sign an NDA and has to abide by the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract.
Any company or organisation or Directors of the company or institution can who is willing to invest in start-ups can be part of TAN. There is a one-time membership of 1, 50,000/- INR that has to be paid by the investor in his name, and an annual fee of 35000/- plus taxes will be applicable on an annual basis. The accounting year will be from January to December but in case an institution joins mid-term, then his membership will be renewed in April every year. Every institution of the network has to sign an NDA and has to abide by the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract. Also, Institution can nominate 3 members only.
Code of Conduct
- Whether an Individual or Institutional investor, the membership fee will be levied on both the members and will be paid by them only.
- They can invest in the pitches invited by the TAN on their name only in case of an Individual Member and in the case of an Institutional Member investment will be done by the name of the organisation or institution.
- Institutional members will represent their institution, and it is to be noted that their membership fees are also higher than the individual members. Any investment done by the institutional investors will be made in the name of the institution.
- Secretariat of TAN is located in Ludhiana, Punjab and aims to find investors across the state and even outside.
- Investors will have to invest 25% of the committed amount every year on the start-up.
- The deals in which the investors invest should be strictly held confidential and should not be disclosed to outside parties.
- Members will sign the Non-Disclosure policy and adhere to the confidentiality clause. All the members will abide by the government policies governing TAN and mentioned in the framework document.
- Members should suggest attractive deals to the network and bring in start-ups with unique concepts.
Funding Criteria & Process
- Pitch Event: Based on the quantum of Start-ups shortlisted and investors, a pitch event will be organised every 4-6 weeks.
- Investors Decision: A Pool Team will be createdof the investors, and they will give the final decision on the Start-ups after the presentation for further discussion at the end of the Pitch Night.
- Selecting a Lead Investor: Investor Pool Team will select a Lead Investor and forms a Deal Team with The Secretariat to conduct due diligence and negotiate deal terms with Start-up within 30 days.
- Co-investing Option: Deal Team can decide whether to co-invest with other angels or investors depending on the amount. But there will be no Pooling of Funds.
- Deal Team: Individual members will form a Deal Team under a Team Leader and can make the investments. But there will be no pooling of funds. Investors will have to invest minimum 25% of the committed fund amount per year.
- Auditing: The Secretariat will conduct Quarterly or Half Yearly Audit of the funded Start-up.